Got this message from my dear friend. Thought it's great to relive memories with everyone or for those who's never known how it was like in MY time.
For those who born in the 70s and 80s.
1. You grew up watching He-man, MASK, Transformers, Silver Hawk and Mickey Mouse.
Not to forget, Ninja turtles, My Little Pony and Smurfs too.
2. You grew up brushing your teeth with a mug in Primary school during recess time. You will squat by a drain with all your classmates beside you, and brush your teeth with a coloured mug.The teachers said you must brush each side 10 times too.
3. You know what SBC stands for.
4. You pay 40 cents for Chocolate or Strawberry MILK every week in class.
5. You watch a very popular Malay dubbed Japanese drama on RTM1 about schoolgirls who possess powerful skills in volleyball called Meoro Attack.
6. You find your friends with pagers andhandphone cool in Secondary school.
7. SBS buses used to be non-airconditioned.The bus seats are madeof wood and the cushion is red. The big red bell gives a loud BEEP!when pressed. There are colourful ticketsforTIBS buses.The conductorwill check for tickets by using a machine whichpunches a hole in the ticket.
8. Envelopes given to usto donate to Sharity Elephant everyChildren's Day.
9. You've probably read Young Generationmagazine.You know who'sVinny the little vampire and Acai the constable.
10. You were there when they first introducedMRT here. You wentfor the first ride with your parents and you wouldkneel on the seat to see the scenery.
11. Movie tickets used to cost only $3.50.
12. Gals are fascinated by Strawberry ShortCake and Barbie Dolls.
13. You learn to laugh like The Count inSesame Street.
14. You longed to buy tibits called Kaka (20cents per pack), andDing Dang (50 cents per box), that hada toy in it and it changes every weeknot forgetting the 15 cents animal crackers andthe ring pop, wherethe lollipop is the diamond on the ring.
15. You watched TV2 (also known as Channel10) cartoons becauseChannel 5 never had enough cartoons for you.
16. Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, The ThreeInvestigators, Famous Fiveand Secret Seven are probably the thickeststory books you everthought you have read. Even Sweet Valley Highand Malory Towers.
17. KFC used to be a high class restaurant thatserve food inplates and let you use metal forks and knives.
19. Catching was the IN thing and twist as themagic word.
20. Your English workbooks was made of somedamn poor quality paperthat was smooth and yellow.
21. CDIS were your bestfriend.
22. The only computer lessons in schoolinvolved funny pixellisedcharacters in 16 colours walking about trying toteach you maths.
23. Waterbottles were slinged around your neckand a must everywhere you go
24. Boys loved to play soccer with small plasticballs in the basketball court.
25. Teng-teng, five stones, chapteh, hentambola and zero pointwere all the rage with the girls and boys too...
26. Science was fun with the balsam and theangsana being the mostimportant plants of our lives, guppies andswordtail being the most important fish.
27. Who can forget Ahmad, Bala, Sumei andJohn, eternalized in ourminds from the textbooks. Even Mr Wally & Mr.Yakki. What abt MissLala??? And Zaki and Tini in Malay Textbooks?
28. We carry out experiments of our own to getourself badges forbeing a Young Zoologist/Botanist etc.
29. Every Children's day and National dayyou either get pins orpens with 'Happy Children's Day 1993' or dumbfiles with 'Happy National Day 1994'.
30. In Primary six you had to play buddy for theyounger kids like big sister and brother.
31. We wear BM2000, BATA, or Pallas shoes.
32. Your form teacher taught you Maths,Science and English.
33. The worksheets were made of brown roughpaper of poor quality.
34. You went to school in slippers and araincoat when it rained,and you find a dry spot in the school to sitdown, dry your feet, and wear yourdry and warm socks and shoes.
35. School dismissal time wasnormally around 1 pm.
36. There would be spelling tests and mentalsums to do almost everyday.
37. Your friends considered you lucky and rich ifyour parents gaveyou $3 or more for pocket money everyday.
38. You see Wee Kim Wee's face in the school hall.
39. You freak out when the teacher tells you toline up accordingto height and hold hands with the corresponding boy or girl.
40. Boys like to catch fighting spiders.
41. Collecting and battling erasers was apastime for boys.
42. Autograph books were loaded with "BestWishes", "Forget MeNot", and small poems like "Bird fly high, hardto catch.Friend like you, hard to forget".
43. Class monitors and prefects loved tosay "You talk somemore, I write your name ah!"
44. There were at least 40 people in one class.
45. Large, colourful schoolbags were carried.
46. You brought every single book to school,even though there was one thing called the timetable.
Feeling old, SheR.