It was a sunny September afternoon when we decided to spend a couple of hours in this town. Equipped with my Nikon Coolpix 775 as usual, we got into the car and drove for an hour from Rijeka. We were greeted by a quaint little town as you can see in the picture. The backdrop is a mountain. Little colourful houses dotted the streets.
- Crikvenica is situated in the Kvarner bay of the Adriatic Sea.
- It is 33 km from Rijeka.
- A major road and railway junction at the centre of the district of Primorje and Gorski kotar, also home to Crikvenica.
- The entire town of Crikvenica is a Riviera composed of small tourist resorts: Selce, Crikvenica, Dramalj and Jadranovo.
- The town is about 15 km long and about 2 km wide, and is situated between the sea.
- There is a nearby airport on the island Krk.
We were busy snapping pictures of flowers. Colourful mix of red, yellow, purple and white.
Along the coastline, there are a few parks. Nice pine trees that complete the whole image of a peaceful tourist town.
There were a few tourists walking but most of the people were just lazing in the local cafes which are plenty. We found a really unique caffe bar and settled down for a cup of coffee with cream. The price is reasonable for to-die-for location. There was a couple snapping their wedding photos right at the beach. People watching or not, this is an ideal spot to rest your tired legs. Ah... who says life couldn't get any better?