15.11.07

An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away!


Sorry I've been lazy. Didn't post anything yesterday though I did bake a lovely cake. I will post a dessert that I'd made a lot when I was working in the restaurant. It is a real simple dessert. And don't worry if you can't find Bramley Apples. I substituted them with Granny Smith and they tasted great! You could make lots of the mixture and crumble from this recipe. Store these separately in your fridge and spoon them into ovenproof dish as and when you felt like having it. So here's the Apple and Blackberry Crumble recipe.

Apple & Blackberry Mixture:
5 Bramley Apples, peeled, cored, diced
500g Frozen Blackberries
150g Sugar

Cook all of the above till the Apples are nice and soft. Make sure the mixture doesn't dry out!

Crumble:
1kg Flour
500g Butter
500g Sugar

Mix the above on SLOW speed till you do not see lumps of butter. Make sure you do not overmix else your crumble will be lumpy!

Assembling:
Spoon generous amount of Apple and Blackberry mixture on the base of your oven dish. Spread them evenly over the base. Sprinkle Crumble over the Apple mixture till you can't see them.
Bake at 180 degrees C for 40-45 minutes or till the Crumble is golden brown.
Serve with custard or fresh cream!


2 comments:

mida said...

Mmmm... This looks like something I could make. Thanks for sharing all your recipes!!
Ciao!

SheR. said...

Thanks for dropping by! Glad to share my recipes with you!:)