My Grandma loves to eat my breads and desserts that I make for her. I wouldn't say she has a sweet tooth. She has a taste for the finer things in life. Since my Grandma appreciates my creations so much, I decided to make a special bread just for her. It's a white bread with peppers (Capsicum/Bell peppers/Paprika). I used yellow and red peppers instead of green not only for the colours but also the flavours. As yellow and red peppers are ripe peppers, they are sweeter and thus enhances the taste of your bread. Depending on the size of the peppers, you can adjust the quantity of peppers in the recipe to suit your taste.
500 g Bread Flour
285 g Water (21 degrees C)
1 1/2tsp Salt
10 g Fresh Yeast / Half pack of Instant Yeast
10 g Sugar
10 g Olive Oil
1/2 Red Pepper
1/2 Yellow Pepper
1/2 Onion (sweat in pan or oven)
10 g Skimmed Milk Powder
(1) Crumble Yeast into water. Mix till dissolved.
(2) Place Bread Flour, Water, Skimmed Milk Powder, Salt, Sugar into mixing bowl. Mix on SLOW speed for 2 minutes.
(3) Add Olive Oil and mix on Medium speed for 6 minutes.
(4) Add Peppers and Onion and mix on SLOW for 1 minute till combined. (You can do this by hand.)
(5) Cover the dough with clingfilm or damp cloth. Prove for 45 minutes. Knock back or condition dough. Prove for another 15 minutes.
(6) Shape dough into a bloomer. Cover and prove till dough is double in size. Place dough on a lined flat tray.
(7) Preheat oven at 250 degrees C. Decrease temperature to 220 degrees C when dough is ready for baking. Dust top of dough with semolina for extra flavour.
(8) Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Et Voila! Enjoy your freshly baked!
Here's a link on wikipedia if you like to know more about Peppers!