I'm a total advocate of Food Safety. Having written Food Safety regulations for my school's Hazard Analysis project and my former company, I have decided to spread the information about how to prevent Food contamination. As a matter of fact, the rules are really simple. And you do not need to spend a lot of time worrying about the procedures. I shall start off here by giving you a few simple tips for keeping your Food safe at home. Hope you'll find them useful!
- Wash your hands before handling Food.
- Keep raw foods and cooked foods separately (especially in your refrigerators).
- Clean your worktop (kitchen table or any surfaces that you will put food on) before you start any food preparation.
- Wash your hands after using the toilets.
- Have two chopping boards (one for cutting meat and the other for raw fruits and vegetables).
- It is better to clean your worktops with disposable kitchen towels than a wet tea towel.
- Reheat food for more than 10 minutes on rolling boil.