7.12.07

I'm a tart!


Hello hello... it's time for more desserts. Wonder if anyone has tried the recipes that I've written. All the recipes here have been tried and tested by me and pictures are included. Most of my recipes have been taken from different sources and modified along the way as I make my sweet treats. Here's another winning recipe that is sure to leave your family breathless if they like tarts. It's relatively easy to make. Though you might have to source for Ground Hazelnuts or Almonds. They do make a difference in this tart. Yummy tart hot or cold!

Linzertorte
240g Butter
300g Icing Sugar
150g Ground Hazelnuts/Almonds
200g Breadcrumbs (I found this optional)
200g Flour
6 Eggs
Zest of One Lemon
1tbsp Vanilla Sugar (if not substitute with Vanilla extract)
Pinch of Cinnamon
Pinch of Ground Cloves
Pinch of Salt

For Filling:
300g Redcurrant / Raspberry Jam

Method:
Combine all the ingredients in a mixer on slow speed. (Or do it by hand.) Once all the ingredients come to a loose dough, remove from mixer (to prevent overmixing). Work to a smooth dough. Line this at the bottom of your tin. Spread with Jam. Roll the dough to about 2cm thickness. Cut out strips of dough. This can be laid on top of the jam in a lattice manner. (I figure it's easier to use normal shortcrust pastry instead of the one in the recipe for the lattice.)
Bake at 170 Degrees C for 45 mins. You can dust Icing sugar on top when the tart is cool.

Jammy tarts!

No comments: