12.12.07

Walnut + Coffee?


Been surfing the web and looking at everyone's food photos. I wonder why mine don't look as glamourous. I blamed my poor old camera which has been with me for more than 5 years. But it's all the fault of the photographer. I was too lazy to figure out how to use the functions on the camera. Yes yes.. I'm a little slow in discovering the macro mode. Pardon me. And my cakes always get eaten before I could snap a picture of them! Anyway, this has been one of my favourite cakes of all time. Coffee!!!! And healthy Walnuts. I got those walnuts from my fiance's grandma's garden. Fresh! I recalled selling an 11" walnut and coffee cake to a friend in Singapore. Try this recipe. You'll love it if you are a coffee lover. That reminds me of my mate Louise who loves her daily cups of coffee. It's for you, my mate Louise!

Walnut and Coffee Cake (one loaf tin)
1 1/2 tbsp Instant Coffee + 2tbsp Hot water
75g Walnuts (chopped or whole)
170g Plain Flour
2tsp Baking Powder
175g Butter
175g Sugar (Brown Sugar will give it extra flavour)
3 Eggs (not straight from fridge)

Chocolate & Coffee Cream:
50g Chocolate
1tsp Instant Coffee
1cup Cream

Method:
1, Cream Butter and Sugar till light and fluffy.
2, Slightly beat eggs. Stream in slowly into butter mixture.
3, Mix in Coffee mixture (May curdle).
4, Fold in Flour, Baking Powder and Walnuts (pour in all at once).
5, Bake at 170 Degrees C for 30 minutes or till baked.
6, Boil Cream. Stir in Coffee.
7, Pour over Chocolate to melt it.
8, Serve cake with cream.

Caffeine fix!!

2 comments:

Haley said...

We would like to feature your walnut coffee cake on our blog. Please email haleyglasco@gmail.com if interested. Thanks :)

Haley

blog.keyingredient.com/

SheR. said...

Thanks Haley!!!