30.3.08

Another dear guest blogger

A fellow foodie and sweetie from Singapore. She featured me on her blog last week. So I decided to return the favour but bombed her with tougher questions. :P Well.. she didn't disappoint me with her answers. And here I present to you Amsie, the Curious Foodie!!!
>< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< ><

What is the function of a food blog?


The function of a food blog depends on the blogger's objective behind blogging. For example, some bloggers intend to create for themselves an online identity to help promote their food business or simply to 'brand' themselves for various purposes. Other bloggers might use the blogosphere to share their foodie interests with a community of like-minded individuals and to feel connected. Or it could be a combination of both. All that matters are sincerity, blogging-manners and an intention of wanting to give more than to receive.


With that said, a food blog functions as a platform for foodies to share and learn from one another. I love to share my best recipes so that others can benefit from it. Along the way, I also learn from my readers when they leave valuable comments and tips for recipe improvements, etc. I also talk about my experiences at restaurants to give my local readers a sense of the place before they embark on a visit. And perhaps also entice my foreign readers to visit Singapore! If I had to summarize the function of a food blog in five words, it would be "a space for foodie socialization".


What is its impact on the society?

Generally speaking, blogs have already impacted our society in many ways. Bloggers have an important voice on the Internet and would be considered as a more credible source due to the independent nature (there are exceptions of course) of their views. With blogs being a social media, I tend to trust it more than recipe websites now. For example if I want a recipe on chocolate chip cookies, I'd do a Technorati or Google Blog search rather than a generic search. Methods of search are evolving as we speak, so I see food blogs offering something unique to each individual; which a normal website or forum can't offer.


Get to know more about my food endeavors at http://curiousfoodie.wordpress.com.

Love,

Amsie

>< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< ><

7 comments:

Amelia said...

Awww thanks for doing this my dear! :)

SheR. said...

I'm sure a lot of my readers will find my blog more appetising with your photo on it today! ;)

uncommon said...

Amsie,

I thought Malaysia was hot? You're sat there in a kapok jacket..


brendan

SheR. said...

Er Brendan.. I think she took this photo in New York or Japan...
And she's from Singapore. Oh Singaporeans travel a lot.

uncommon said...

"I think she took this photo in New York or Japan...",

Sher,

Ooops: engage brain prior to typing....Ack:)


brendan

Amelia said...

@brenda Yup that photo was taken in NYC! :) It was pretty cold then, heh. And since Cameron Highlands is on a very tall 'hill', it was pretty cold too, about 12 degress celsius? But yea, Malaysia is VERY hot...

SheR. said...

All right All right folks. Glad you come to an agreement about where to wear that jacket ;) Peace peace!