1.3.08

Big B Muffins!


It's the weekend. Let me put in one post before I start slacking again. Here's a sweet and simple variation of your Banana cake. Happy drooling!

BIG B(ANANA) MUFFINS
Makes 5 or 6
Ingredients:
1 Banana, mashed
60 g Sour Cream (or Yoghurt)
1 Egg
1 tsp Grated Lemon Zest
3/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
100 g Plain Flour
75 g Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
70 g Butter (Unsalted! Since we are adding Salt above!)
50 g Walnuts (Optional) toasted and chopped

Method:
(1) Process Banana and Sour Cream till smooth.
(2) Add Egg, Lemon Zest and Vanilla Extract. Mix well.
(3) Beat in Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder and Salt.
(4) Beat in Butter with half the mixture. Add the remaining thereafter.
(5) Fold in Walnuts.
(6) Bake at 190 degrees C (relatively hot oven) for 25-30 mins.

Eat Fresh!!!!


8 comments:

curiousfoodie said...

Mmmm looks soft and fluffy! :) I like spongy cakes, yum. :D

Novice Writer said...

It looks very tasty!!

SheR. said...

Hahaha... I always tend to make my muffins too soft.
These muffins went into my fiance's stomach really quickly!

SheR. said...

Thank you Ezthukari! :) I'm not a big fan of bananas but my fiance is.

piebuko said...

I am a fan of bananas. :)
I can do this Sher. Unfortunately, oven is still busted. :)

SheR. said...

Oops... I'll try to put up some non-oven recipes for you my dear... I'll try. :P

The_Sphinx's World said...

yes please, more non-oven recipes please. thanks Sher!

SheR. said...

I'll try. :P I don't have my own kitchen so experimenting is kind of tough. HA!