17.3.08

Making the best of Fresh Foods

Mushroom pasta at Mushroom Town. Freshness!!!
We should all bear in mind that food will only taste the best when they are fresh. Therefore, we should make full use of our local produce instead of paying for bananas that travelled from across the globe from Ecuador to reach your supermarkets.
I am a frequent visitor of BBC food website. And I found their really useful site that lists all the Food in season. Do check it out. Help to cut down on Food Miles and of course all the unnecessary packaging of the vegetables & fruits that comes with transporting them from thousands of kilometres.

3 comments:

Kelsie said...

Sher,
Thank you for visiting my blog! I'm sorry to hear about the flowerpaste, but I love chocolate, so I hope you have lots of fun with that! Have you ever tried making your own flowerpaste? I have not, but I know there are recipes online.
Thanks again!
Kelsie

curiousfoodie said...

You look so sweet in that photo, just wanna give you a huge hug. HUGGIES. Haha yes, totally random I know.

Amelia

SheR. said...

>>Kelsie, don't worry about it dear. I'll have to find alternatives. I do have a couple of recipes for flowerpaste. However, I don't have the ingredients required to make them too. :P

>>Amelia. Thanks! *hugs* back! :)