2.4.08

The Full FAT English Breakfast


All geared up for the day?

The Full English Breakfast brings back lot of memories. Scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, baked beans and possible black pudding to complete the set. Add a slice of two of buttered toast! That's the breakfast we usually get for our restaurant breakfasts! It kept me bright and cheery till our lunch service was over at 3pm.

Many will probably shirk at the sight of a Full English Breakfast. But it can be the best breakfast if you do some stuff your way. This Link to an MSN article explained how we can make it better.
I have my own little suggestions too on top of the article writer's list, they are compiled here for a hearty and healthier English breakfast:

  • Scrambled Eggs!!
It doesn't look like the most delicious thing on earth but I would choose this method of cooking eggs over the others where you have to fry everything with lots more fats. Hard boiled may be an option but seriously it's not that appetising is it?

  • Grilled Mushrooms!
Ooo.. I have a fetish for mushrooms (no no not the psychedelic types)! They are about the healthiest vegetables (??) on earth! Any type of mushroom is simple wholesome goodness. Besides it fills you up quickly! Give these good ol' mushrooms a drizzle of olive oil, season with Sea Salt and Pepper, get a bunch of thyme and grill all of them in the oven. Mmmmm

  • Grilled Tomatoes with melted cheese!
Remember you need Vitamin C in your breakfast. So nice plump tomatoes are the best. Half them, sprinkle with Sea Salt, drizzle with Olive Oil and into the oven for grilling. When they are almost done, top each one with a small square of cheese. Nice!

  • Baked Beans.
Not one of my personal favourites. But well, beans are good for you. Besides you can dip your toast into the nice tomato sauce. You could spice it up by adding a dash of curry powder or cayenne pepper to your baked beans.

  • Bacon & Sausages..ze fatty additions.
All right. They are full fat. How to make you feel less guilty to include them into your diet? Grill them!!! Yeah! I usually opt for unsmoked bacon, it is less salty for me. And I would rather have bacon over sausages anyday! Oh and if you are posh.. pancetta is excellent replacement for your English bacon ;)

  • Don't forget Toast!
I can never do without my bread in the morning. And yes, a must for English breakfast!!! Switch your plain white sandwich to a whole wheat, malted wheat or rye bread. Those nice cereals taste better when you toast them.

That's all for my list. I know this can't be complete without black pudding but I really hate the notion of it. So not on my list. Do you love Full English Breakfast like I do?


8 comments:

david santos said...

Excellent postin! I loved this blog. Thank you.



NURIN JAZLIN
MURDERED. 9 YEARS OLD. WHY? ARE WE HUMAN?
.
Please!
TO AVOID SUCH A TRAGEDY HAPPENING AGAIN, AND FOR THE SALVATION OF OUR CHILDREN, WE ARE DOING A WORLDWIDE CAMPAIGN, DISPLAYING THE IMAGE OF NURIN JAZLIN JAZIMIN IN BLOGS ALL OVER THE WORLD ON 25TH APRIL 2008. LET'S NOT FORGET NURIN JAZLIN.

SheR. said...

Thanks David.

I just read about this case online. Yes indeed those criminals are inhuman. No human words can describe those beastly behaviour towards any child.

uncommon said...

Sher,

Full English is a very common thing around here in London: but you cannot get anything resembling the bacon in Atlanta. They regard bacon as the ultra streaky stuff and fry it to death.

I quite like the thing, but can usually only manage it once: maybe twice a week. You're absolutely right about scrambled egg: and unsmoked. I no longer like the beans, because buying it from a Cafe here in London: they tend to swill the "cheap" beans all over the plate, it put me off baked beans.

Grilled tomatoes, you know: I'm going to give that a try, cool idea, thank you!


brendan

SheR. said...

Hee hee Brendan I know you'll like English breakfast. I'm so craving for one right now. Without baked beans...

Sangeeta Sinha said...

Yummy, I would love this part any part of the day - baked beans and toast or baked beans on toast. May be little tomato and cheese to accompany it. But no eggs and other accompaniments.

I also read the case highlighted by David. Sher, it is natural that a criminal will be inhuman. Expecting otherwise will be our foolishness. What say?

SheR. said...

Yes Sangeeta! Breakfast is No 1. Sometimes before I go to bed, I though about the breakfast for my next day! And I look forward to it :D

Sangeeta Sinha said...

Sher, your confusion between fennel and cumin is finally over. Read my post and comment. By the way, can I add you on my blogroll?

SheR. said...

Yay Sangeeta! Saviour!