8.4.08

Passion fruit peel for Asthmatics

A latest study demonstrated that the extract from purple passion fruit peel can help to ease wheezing in people with asthma.

How does it work?

Antioxidant properties in the extract
many studies have reported a link between "oxidative stress, bronchial inflammation, the development of asthmatic symptoms, and reduction of cellular functions".
Flavonoids
"[Flavonoids] can inhibit histamine release, arachidonic acid metabolism, and cytokine production."
Read more about the research here.

This will be good news for many who are suffering from asthma if this extract is patented and marketed as a new medicine for asthmatics. Personally my asthma has improved over the years and I never did require the use of medicine to control my wheezing.

Everyday the world of science never fail to excite me about the possibilities of harnessing the power of the food around us as a new medicine for certain diseases or illnesses. I've been eating Chinese medicine for as long as I could remember. So I'm always open to new and alternative ideas. Would you dare to try alternative medicines? Or experiment with new medicines?







No comments: