11.4.08

Shopping for food?


5 bottles of beer? What does it say about me?

MSN featured an article a couple of days ago about what your shopping basket says about you. They listed the following:
  • Ready Meals
  • Bottled Water
  • Fair Trade Coffee
  • Soya Milk
  • Superfoods (for example berries)
  • Protein rich foods
  • Free Range Meat
  • Budget Foods
  • Organic Foods
  • Low Fat Products
  • Reusable Shopping Bags
  • Herbs

They have demonstrated how each of the above shows the type of budget you fall into and what diet you are following. Environmental conscious, busy moms or a serious foodie are shown in the type of food in your shopping basket.

Personally, you might catch the following in my shopping basket:
  • Milk
  • Butter
  • Eggs
  • Beer
  • Chocolate
  • Vegetables & Mushrooms
  • Fruits
  • Fresh meat (packed not from over the counter)

I wonder what they have to say about what diet I am into? I can say I like to cook my food from scratch (plenty of fresh ingredients). Absolute sweet tooth and not forgetting to reward myself after hard day's work with beer. Milk and only full fat. Yeah I care more about the taste of milk. Can't stand skimmed milk. Might as well drink water. Eggs are the most essential ingredients on my kitchen! Breakfast or cakes, I can't do without them! Butter.. ah yes.. I'm posh and I won't compromise the little fat content for a vegetable spread.

Have you given a thought about what you have in your shopping basket? Does it really reflect your diet?

2 comments:

Judy Sheldon-Walker said...

Sher, you are so right about eggs. There are 17 vitamins and minerals in one egg. I know because I did the research and wrote an article. We need to add more eggs to our diets, and stop avoiding them.

I love your blog. It has something for everyone. We all eat, and need to have a sense of humor. You give us good advice on eating, cool new recipes and have a touch of humor throughout. Nice knowing you. ttyl.

SheR. said...

Yeah tell that to my mum. She told me not to eat too much due to cholesterol but I can't do without them. 10 eggs gone in a week. Into pancakes, cakes and breakfasts!

Thanks Judy for the compliments! :)
I'm a little crazy that's all!