27.4.08

Sweets for the weekend!



Wonder if anyone missing all the dessert recipes here? I have one right here for those who love muffins! I tried to place a dollop of strawberry jam in each muffin but I need to find a way to suspend them inside each cake instead of dropping too much to the bottom. Second batch of muffins, I stirred in a nice tablespoon of strawberry jam. Taste sweeter. And a nice hint of strawberry. This time I placed a dollop of Lemon Marmalade that a mate gave to me and it's a winner!!! I've opted for Jam instead of fresh strawberries as they taste more tarty.

Sweet Weekend Strawberry Muffins
Makes 10
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tbsp Strawberry Jam
1 cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 cup Milk
1 cup Vegetable Oil

Method:
1, Mix Egg, Milk, Oil in a bowl till combined.
2, Mix Plain Flour, Baking Powder and Sugar in another bowl.
3, Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
4, Stir in Strawberry Jam.
5, Fill muffin tray (80%). For extra sourness, add a dollop of Lemon Marmalade in each cup.
6, Bake at 200 degrees C for 10 minutes or till baked and golden brown.

Bon weekend!



7 comments:

DineometerDeb said...

The guy in the photo with you is lucky to have someone bake fresh muffins on the weekend. You do share, don't you?

Mia Blog4me said...

so tasty :)

haven't see you come my blog for sometimes.

C K said...

Me trying to get rid of that 'spare tyre' of mine. But that pic does look tempting though... :p

SheR. said...

>>Oh Dineometer... You know I bake almost everything for my fiance (yeah the guy in the photo). He loves everything I cook and bake! And he doesn't like to share them. Ha!

>>My apologies Mia! I'll be hopping over right NOW! Have a muffin to make up for my absence.

>>CK. What is life without all the "Good" things? I'm never on a diet. It's horrible to abstain from eating anything!!! ;)

piebuko said...

Sher, any recipe as good as this that needs no baking?
please...
And with ingredients that I can find here.
heee.

durano lawayan a.k.a. brad spit said...

Hi Sher,

I'm beginning to wonder if Rijeka has grown fat, overweight and obese from all those sweets and good cooked food you keep producing.

Make sure he gets to exercise and burn those calories. Better yet, share the stuff with others, not eat them all! Send me some! LOL! :-) --Durano, done!

SheR. said...

>> Hi Piebuko. Sorry dear not at the moment. I haven't gotten myself a fridge to try out those recipes. Will let you know in the near future. I promise!!

>>Durano. Erm.. Rijeka is the town that I live in... Of course not my fiance's name. :P He's not obese just a little rounder ;P

Oh no worries, he does enough menial work daily to keep fit!

I'll email you some cakes yeah! :)