All right I didn't post any recipes for quite a while as I had not been baking. Busy busy. But I'm sure this recipe for Tarte au Chocolat will be everyone's favourite!
To die for Tarte au Chocolat
Makes one 9" tart
Sweet Pastry: (250g)
125g Butter, softened
25g Ground Almonds
450g Chocolate (60% cocoa), chopped
375ml Double Cream or Creme Fraiche
15g Ground Coffee
(1) Combine Flour, Sugar, Almond and Salt in a mixing bowl.
(2) Add in Butter and mix till crumble.
(3) Beat Egg slightly and add to mixture above.
(4) Mix till a smooth dough. Turn it onto a surface and knead well.
(5) Cling wrapped the dough. Chill for 30 minutes.
(6) On a floured table top, pin out th dough to 1cm thickness.
(7) Place in a tart mould. Spread a layer of foil inside. Pour in pastry weights.
(8) Bake Blind.
(1) Boil Cream. Stirring it occasionally to prevent burning at the bottom of the saucepan.
(2) Stir in Coffee.
(3) Pour over Chocolate. Stir till all the Chocolate has melted.
(4) Pour Chocolate mixture into Pastry case.
(5) Bake till Chocolate has set. (No wobbles. It doesn't take longer than 30 minutes.)
Serve chilled with chocolate sauce and a dollop of whipped cream! Simply decadent!