7.4.08

To-die-for Chocolate dessert



All right I didn't post any recipes for quite a while as I had not been baking. Busy busy. But I'm sure this recipe for Tarte au Chocolat will be everyone's favourite!

To die for Tarte au Chocolat
Makes one 9" tart
Sweet Pastry: (250g)
210g Flour
85g Sugar
1 Egg
125g Butter, softened
25g Ground Almonds
4g Salt

Chocolate Ganache:
450g Chocolate (60% cocoa), chopped
375ml Double Cream or Creme Fraiche
15g Ground Coffee

Method:
Sweet Pastry
(1) Combine Flour, Sugar, Almond and Salt in a mixing bowl.
(2) Add in Butter and mix till crumble.
(3) Beat Egg slightly and add to mixture above.
(4) Mix till a smooth dough. Turn it onto a surface and knead well.
(5) Cling wrapped the dough. Chill for 30 minutes.
(6) On a floured table top, pin out th dough to 1cm thickness.
(7) Place in a tart mould. Spread a layer of foil inside. Pour in pastry weights.
(8) Bake Blind.

Chocolate Ganache
(1) Boil Cream. Stirring it occasionally to prevent burning at the bottom of the saucepan.
(2) Stir in Coffee.
(3) Pour over Chocolate. Stir till all the Chocolate has melted.
(4) Pour Chocolate mixture into Pastry case.
(5) Bake till Chocolate has set. (No wobbles. It doesn't take longer than 30 minutes.)

Serve chilled with chocolate sauce and a dollop of whipped cream! Simply decadent!

7 comments:

piebuko said...

uh-uh,
this is positively sinful.
positively sinful!

SheR. said...

Only one letter to describe this. MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

TOM said...

That looks Yummy!!

curiousfoodie said...

Oh Sherene this looks so delish!!! Oh my, this would be good to have while I'm mugging for my exams.

:P ~~~~~~

SheR. said...

All right calm down everyone!! I almost ate the whole 10" tart myself!!! So much chocolate in there....

>>Amelia. Happy mugging while I go on with my baking and eating!

>>Tom, you can try making it yourself. Just don't lick your screen!

Sangeeta said...

Very tempting, my dear, very tempting. You want me to put on more weight? he..he.. I will try this out today itself.

SheR. said...

Yay!! Go Sangeeta! Life is too short. Desserts are too wonderful to wait. :P