19.5.08

After the weekend...


Yeap. No posts yesterday. I was a little busy and lazy. Baking my first batch of muffins for sale. Pricing them competitively is difficult as I'm a domestic baker with a limited oven and baking tray. That's why factory cakes are so cheap but hey.. mine's fresher and made with love..hee.

Got another little burnt on my hand *again*. Well.. occupational hazard. Now I remember my lesson. First Aid for burns.. run under cold water for 10 minutes. Do not apply any lotion and do not burst the blister. Let everything heal naturally!! I've got one of those Hydrocolloid dressing leftover from my hospital visits. They are fantastic for covering and treating burns. Just like New Skin!

Not much for today and this week. It's Vesak Day and I wanted to abstain from meat today. But it's impossible as I don't do the lunches here.

Anyway, have a good week! Have fun baking or eating!

8 comments:

footiam said...

Oh, it's vesak there too, yeah! Happy belated Vesak!

SheR. said...

Thanks. I kept to a vegetarian diet yesterday! I am happy that I made it. Though I was very hungry in the middle of the night! EEks!

Digital Polaroids said...

I love this "flower", in Argentina we call it PANADERO (like bread baker), and it's lovely to blow and see how the seeds fly...

SheR. said...

Hiya Digital Polaroids!
It's known as Daffodils to English speakers. Its leaves can be eaten as a salad. We had that in our restaurant.. with livers. Don't look appetising when you see them in the fields, don't they?

I love taking pictures of daffodils and blowing at them too!!!

Syari said...

Those are dandelions Sher not daffodils. Anyway hungarians call it "kutya tej". Dog's milk. Why? beats me. LOL

SheR. said...

Oops.. Sorry pips!
I meant to say Dandelions!!! My brain just went ahead to type something else?! Gosh.. *embarassed*
Thanks Syari for pointing it out!!!! :P

Syari said...

No probs. Mistakes happen. I don't even know how daffodils look like. LOL Dandelions are the only few flowers I recognize.

SheR. said...

>>Hiya Syari. Daffodils are yellow flowers that bloom first thing in the spring. You should be able to see plenty of them everywhere.. sold on flower stands in Hungary!