28.5.08

I'm feeling Hot! Hot! Hot!




It's been a long time since I experienced a couple of days that feel like Singapore's weather! 32 to 35 degrees Celsius and probably climbing as I hid in my cool bedroom watching the blazing sunshine out there.

It's a sign!! Summer is here! And a SCORCHING one according to meteorologists in Croatia. All right.. no need to elaborate what it's like. Think Singapore...

Enough about weather which I rant on in my SgCro blog...heehee.. Food! What shall we eat in this hot weather??

My choices are below:
  • Sparkling Water with lots of Ice!!
  • Ice COLD Beer!!! Cheers!
  • Homemade Lemonade (I made a pot yesterday.. ah...)
  • Ice cream (whoever invented this I thank you)

And those that I can't get here:
  • Teh C Peng (Milk Tea with Ice)
  • Ice Kacang
  • Chendol

Oh.. I so need to stick my head in the freezer right now. What's your favourite summer food? Let's share!

7 comments:

Jasmine Shanea said...

I want a sundae and loads of ice cream! lol

durano lawayan a.k.a. brad spit said...

Hi Sher,

Congratulations! Asian weather at last! I think the person who invented ice cream should be made into a saint, he made such a heavenly concoction.

But how do we know if it's male or female. Perhaps the wife made it and the domineering husband commercialized and popularized it. These things must be thoroughly researched. Women have always been at the short end.

Back to ice cream, I like fresh fruits during summer and the Philippine treat called "Halo-Halo" topped with yam and ice cream.:-) --Durano, done!

SheR. said...

>> Jasmine!! We need ice cold everything... !!! Ice cream cakes...mmm

>> Thanks Durano dear! I will look up who is that Saint of Ice Cream!

Ohh.. fruits.. yummy!! I miss Yam. Don't have in here!! I love coconut too. And Palm sugar. In a sentence: I Miss Home!

Hm.. you'll never know about that invention.. it could be the creative genius of a husband but the clever wife stole it cos no one will believe a man invented this heavenly delight! ;)

uncommon said...

SheR,

I've always preferred things cold ish: so moving to Sweatlanta was quite a shock to my system.

After five months in the heat last year: walking every day, I finally got the idea why everyone there drinks with LOTS of ice onboard: it is cheaper than AC.

As to what to eat: well you have to get used to your environment eventually: so eating what the locals eat is a decent idea (as long as it doesn't involve popcorn).

In the heat: I have always preferred Brusters Ice Cream, which has 2 million calories per spoon, 500 grams of fat and stratospheric quantities of everything else bad...

So my Singaporean food monsters will never permit me to partake of that....so I just dream.



brendan

SheR. said...

Tell me about it Brendan.. eat what the locals eat... I will be their size really soon! No way! I'm keeping to my SG diet!

I would love to have ice cream though. Made Lemonade Granita yesterday from leftover Lemonade (how convenient)! Time for a little ice!
Probably try out the Coconut Panna Cotta recipe too! Yummy!!

happy herbs said...

Hi Sher,

My favorite summer food is 'mais con yelo' a.k.a cream or bits of freshly boiled corn with loads of shaved or crushed ice, milk and sugar. If no fresh corn is available, canned and creamed or corn bits will do.

Oohh lovely.

Cheers!

SheR. said...

Happy Herbs! Wow! Nice name!

That sounds really yummy.. A-Maizing! I'm not exactly a corn fan. How corny... hur hur hur..

I would love it in my ice cream though.. with red bean and coconut!!!