23.5.08

Remembering the hungry ones

It is not usual for this blog to stop posting about food for one day. But I think I should stop craving for all the food in the world when there are so many starving people out there.

Not that I know how it's like to go on for days without food. But I can understand how it's like to live with minimal food. A bread roll a day or just a cup of soup to put a stop to all the noise coming from my stomach.

It is hard to feel or imagine how it's like for someone that we've never met and lived in a distant country. But as humans, we have the compassion in us to think about them and not wasting food is the minimum we can do. For those of you who have the ability to help the hungry and starving, please do so.

No Feasting Day today.


7 comments:

durano lawayan a.k.a. brad spit said...

Hi Sher,

A very sensitive and compassionate post. Suddenly, I feel the hunger of those people who go without food daily. :-(

Congratulations!A compassionate baker who has empathy and talent. A great combination. :-) --Durano, done!

Deb said...

A thoughtful move, SheR. We have too much, too often.

SheR. said...

>> Durano mate! Hiya!

Yes that's what Buddha teaches us too. To be compassionate. Buddha led by example.

Anyone wants to hire me to be the resident baker of any charity?? I'll work for free! ;)

>> Hey Deb. Yes. We should always think about others. That is how we achieve contentment in our lives. And learn how to share with those who have less than us.

piebuko said...

Very thoughtful post, Sher. :)

SheR. said...

Hi Piebuko!! Thanks! Hope your blog is fine now! :)

BK said...

Sher, they are always on my mind and thus I do not like to waste food. I always make sure I order what I can finish and not waste any food. Although I would not know exactly what they are going through, I do know the feeling of eating just one meal on some days. There were a period of time when I go on for many days taking only one meal a day. And looking back, I am grateful that at least I have one meal.

SheR. said...

Hi BK.. It's good to have more compassionate people like you around.:)