28.6.08

Arte Y Pico Award


Here goes my Thank You speech.. get ready to doze off.

Durano aka Mr Spit has given this award to me. Yay!! My First Blog Award.. (hopefully more to come). Mr Spit is my daily visitor and commentor. I appreciate it very much.. coming from someone who writes with intelligence and hosts a great blog! The Spitting Vessel is a blog that tells us the truth about the world around us.. without boring you with the facts like a CIA handbook. I visited it daily too for EC dropping and to get my daily news update! All in one!! How great! Not only that, Mr Spit has combined his superb writing skills with excellent humour that I adored and look up to.. Hopefully I can be half as good as him one day!

Pardon my ignorance while I just popped over to check out the originator of this award. I don't speak Espagnol.. so I have no chance navigating round this site. But I was so amazed by all the cute crafts posted on this blog. Truly creative..for the creator of this award. So peeps, don't just sit there, click this Arte Y Pico site and treat your eyes to some lovely crafts!

All right.. Mr Spit has listed the rules for this Award and so I have to follow suit and copy & paste it here for my award winners too:

  • Recipients must pick 5 blogs they consider deserving of this award for creativity, design, interesting material, and for contributing to the blogging community in whatever language.

  • Each of the 5 selected blogs must include the name of the author and a link to his/her site to be visited by readers.

  • The recipient must show the award and indicate the name and link to the blog of the one that handed it to him/her.

  • All Award recipients must include a link to the Arte y Pico site to inform all readers about the origin of this award.
Now it's my turn to pass on the Award to 5 beautiful blogs:

The first being a very nice pretty Croatian lady I knew on the web. I chanced upon her beautiful blog one day and fell in love with it instantly! She is a student at Culinary Institute of America (New York). Though she has only a couple of days more in New York. She has such talents in baking, cake decorating and patisserie which are all displayed on her wonderful blog. Do check out this lovely Split beauty - Tea (want to know how pretty Croatian girls are?) and her delicious blog.

Live, Love, and Eat Desserts


The second on this list comes from my lovely hometown, Singapore. Another sweet and pretty lady in SMU. The first baker friend that I made in Singapore online (Most of them are too "busy" to be bothered with me.) Of course, it's another visually appealing blog.. the owner and the blog pictures of course. Armed with a Fuji digital camera, she taught us how to capture the best of Food Photography and constantly whips up Singapore delicacies to make me salivate over in Croatia. Presenting our Singapore beauty - Amsie and her stunning blog!

Curious Foodie


Third on the list is one of the most gorgeous food blogs in the world. Cafe Fernando hosted in Istanbul. The owner is a gifted Food Creator and Food Photographer. Only when one loves food to this level can he capture such palatable pictures each deserving a page on its own. Turkish delights or simply a bagel. This blog is my goal and inspiration. The blog and owner- Cenk Sonmezsoy has been mentioned several times in the San Francisco Chronicle, The New York Times and The Washington Post. A blog not to be missed!

Cafe Fernando


Next on my list is a lady (again)! Fancy Sweden hails from Sweden (as the name suggests). She writes beautiful messages that has equally meaningful pictures to go with them. We never mind about her less-than-perfect command of the English tongue. She is able to convey her ideas across the miles through her words and pictures to her readers like me. Have a taste of Fancy Sweden.

Fancy Sweden


Last but not the least pretty site is another blogger who touches my heart and soul daily with her posts. Alexys Fairfield runs her blog baring her soul to us. All of her thoughts are so deeply philosophical that it triggers a whole thought process for me each time. For every single post, she has information that she has researched on together with thought-provoking words laced with well-paired pictures. A word ninja is what she calls herself. A well deserved winner of this award!

Soul Meets World


All right.. for those that I did not nominate, you have unique blogs in your own right that I truly appreciate. I love your blogs just as much. Have a good weekend!

11 comments:

curiousfoodie said...

awwwww HUGS! :)

Alexys Fairfield said...

Hi SheR,
Thanks for thinking of me. I appreciate your participation on all of my topics.

The real reward is having readers like you who share their perspectives.

Thanks again.

SheR. said...

>> Amsie!!! *Big Hugs* back!! :)
Have a good weekend! And congrats again!

>> Alexys the wise one.
It's an honour of mine to find your really good blog! Never fail to keep me occupied!

Congrats! :)

Tea said...

THANK YOU SHER! I am speechless!
So are we meeting in KorĨula?? :))

FANCY said...

Sher

Thank you I am so touch that you thinking of me. ...And thank you for the comment in my blog-post I'm so thankful - your words comfort me.

SheR. said...

>> Tea!!!! Pozdrav!!!
I've sent you an email. ;)

>>Fancy dear!
Like I told Brendan mate... everyone is my blogging friend. :) Glad my words which are mindless blabber most of the time can comfort you!!!
Take care!!

durano lawayan a.k.a. brad spit said...

Hi Sher,

That was a wonderful write up you came up with, and thank you very much for the kind words. You will develop a style of your own by combining influences from other writers or bloggers. As it is, your style, at least for this site is very appropriate and quite entertaining - always a pleasant read and a treat to visit.

I will check out your awardees too. Have a nice weekend! :-) --Durano, done!

eastcoastlife said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing the blogs... will check them out. :)

SheR. said...

>>Durano my friend..
You have such kind words.. I'm just an ordinary person. :) Who loves to talk a lot!! Hahah.. When you see me in person, you see why.. I write like I talk. Whatever comes to my mind, I write it down.. pauses.. expressions.. everything. That's me.

>>ECL.
No probs dear!

Cenk said...

Sher - You are too kind and generous. Thank you for your lovely comments and award. Look forward to your new posts.

SheR. said...

CENK!!!
What an honour to have you here!!
Oh.. if you know me in person, those words are not flattery. I only mean what I say :)
Congrats! You deserve an award for your beautiful and inspirational blog!