9.6.08

Blue Monday?



Have a Muffin! Yeah! I call this the Monday Blues Blueberry Muffins. I made more than 6 of them with this recipe which is supposed to yield only 6! I have bought the most humongous blueberries that I've ever seen in my whole life. Are they GM?? Got them frozen because from my previous experiences working with them.. those lovely juices stain your hands like crazy. Fresh ones are really expensive. So my advice is.. get a pair of good gloves and fold them in gently. You don't want a whole muffin mixture to look greyish!

MONDAY BLUES BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
Yields 6
Ingredients:
300 g Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
150 g Sugar (Brown will be better)
150 g Frozen Blueberries (keep them Frozen till you need to fold them in)
1 Egg
180 ml Milk (or Buttermilk if you can get your hands on one)
125 ml Vegetable Oil (Any type that doesn't have strong aroma)

Method:
1, Mix Plain Flour, Baking Powder and Sugar in one container.
2, Toss Blueberries in Flour so that they get a light coat of flour.
3, In another mixing bowl, combine Egg, Milk and Vegetable Oil till thoroughly mixed.
4, Combine the two mixtures. Do not overmix.
5, Fold in the Blueberries.
6, Bake in a hot oven about 200 degrees C till they are baked.

Happy Baking!!!

9 comments:

curiousfoodie said...

Mmmmm blueberries, they're so EXPENSIVE here in singapore, bleah.

I'm making banana cupcakes tmr! Im in the mood for mixing everything up in a mixer instead of doing the wet+dry muffin haha.

SheR. said...

Our frozen blueberries are imported too. Berries are not in season yet. Except strawberries aplenty! 1kg for 21kn!!! That's about $7! Still we bought lots of that..

Sick of banana cake for the time being. Was doing Pineapple cake and yesterday Choc & Lime! Yummy!

durano lawayan a.k.a. brad spit said...

Hi Sher,

Looks yummy. Would these muffins by chance be spiked with pure marijuana? LOL! :-) --Durano, done!

uncommon said...

SheR,

I note you recommend sugar: since I was young, I have preferred dark brown muscovado sugar if I was ever going to use it.

Is there less processing on DB Muscovado sugar, is that why I prefer it?



brendan

Jasmine Shanea said...

Blueberries aren't my thing. Can change them to chocolate chip? lol... yummy cakes sadly I can only drool at the picture that you posted. I can't bake for nuts! :\

C K said...

My wife loves to bake. Will pass her this recipe. Cheers!

SheR. said...

>> Durano dearest.
I don't make Space Cakes. This is a family friendly blog! No drugs. No swearing..!"#"#$#$# :P Hahahaha

I've never even tried one in my whole life. No way!

>> Hiya Brendan mate!
Yes Muscovado is natural brown sugar unlike the other brown sugars which are actually refined white sugar coloured with molasses. Didn't know that? Now you do! :P

I don't have any demerara with me at the time of making. So I used normal white sugar. I'm honest you see.. no faking.

SheR. said...

>> Jasmine sweetie!
You should try Blueberries. They are the new superfoods. Packed full of vitamins and extremely good for boosting your energy level! See those English football players eat a lot og these .. though it didn't seem to help much but hey.. it's really good those berries!

SheR will teach you how to bake at least one cake when I go home! I promise :) Be prepared!

SheR. said...

>> Hey hey CK!
No probs mate. Pass it on to your wifey. Think you two will enjoy it! It's so delicious! Gotta try!