4.6.08

An Inspired Confection: Pineapple Jelly and Coconut Panna Cotta



This is a new creation of mine and I'm proud of it. Not exactly a whole new flavour but I never did this combination before and it was surprising good.

The top layer is Pineapple Jelly with cubes of Pineapple. The Jelly has a slight hint of Pineapple as I've added Pineapple Juice. But the colour is rather pale as I did not use artificial colouring to increase the intensity of the colour.

Bottom layer is a Coconut Panna Cotta. Very creamy and with a hint of Coconut. Lighter than expected.

I've served it with Pineapple Sauce (I don't like the word Reduction. No need to go all technical.). Sweet and Sour. Beautiful golden nectar. A small dollop of whipped cream on top to balance off the overall flavour.

Leave me a message if you want to have the recipe. It's made with basic recipes of Jelly and Panna Cotta which you can easily obtain from the web.


10 comments:

My Bug Life said...

I love pineapples and this one looks really yummy...:P

Jasmine Shanea said...

Sher sweetie... Can I have the drink than the recipe? haha. I don't think a great recipe like this is safe in my hands. lolz.

Heather said...

That is beautiful! I love the pale color of the jelly. No need for artificial dye there. Looks delightful and light. :-)

SheR. said...

>>Shutter buggie! It's lovely coconut and pineapple are like lovers.. their combination is divine!

>>Drink?? What drink??
It's just a real simple recipe! :) With some patience required.

SheR. said...

>>Heather Hi!!!

It is indeed really light. Surprisingly.. as I would expect the Coconut Panna Cotta to be really strong in flavour. However, it's just a nice creamy flavour to pair off the tarty pineapple jelly! MM..

durano lawayan a.k.a. brad spit said...

Hi Sher,

Looks like I can take this in one big gulp. Looks good and refreshing, especially with brewed coffee!

I've downed the coffee, but the dessert lingers in my imagination. Good! :-) --Durano, done!

eastcoastlife said...

Looks great for a hot Singapore day! I want the recipe!

eastcoastlife55 at hotmail dot com

uncommon said...

SheR,

Temptress to sin!

Us cyborgs cannot eat Carbs.....good try, but I'm staying on the side of the angels:)


brendan

SheR. said...

>> Hello Durano dear!
You can easily replicate this dessert where you are! I had to use everything from cans! I'm so upset about that. No fresh coconut milk! Arghs!!!

I can provide you with the coffee as well. Send your whole family over here to taste my desserts ;)

SheR. said...

>>ECL! Hi hi!!
This will be a great dessert for your dear son when he gets home :)

I will send you the recipe soon! Sorry:P

>>Brendan ze cyborg mate.
Arghs.. I shall try to tempt with more delicious new recipes! *evil Patissiere grin* Muahahaha