26.6.08

What should I say?

Really lost for inspiration. Probably due to the hot weather. I've been sitting in front of this computer for the past two hours and my creative juices ain't flowing. Oh bah...

So I shall write a little about this blog. First of all, wonder if anyone noticed.. my hit counter (which I reinstalled sometime in October last year) has hit 10,000!! Hoorah!! Thanks for clicking on my blog and making the hits grow everyday!

To all my lovely daily or frequent commentors (right??).. the list goes something like this: Brendan the uncommon, CK ze SG-Londoner, Durano aka Mr Spit, Shutter Buggie, Jasmine sweetie of Pixelated Thoughts, Deb the well travelled, Alexys the philosopher, Syari sayang and dear neighbour in Budapest, Le Grumpy Chef, Madame ECL, Oregano Addict Piebuko... pardonez-moi if I left out anyone. I love to see your comments!

Someone posted a thread on BlogCatalog in "A fresh loaf of BREAD" group (started by me of course), may I quote: "Why most of the bloggers post photos of food they eat?"

Well.. for me, I like to show the pictures that follow each recipe that I've tried and tested. I don't like to post pictures or recipes that I personally have not experimented with. I've realised over the years of flipping through cookbooks that not all recipes will give you what you expect it to turn out. I hope to inspire my dear friends who read this blog through food pictures that are honest and not "dressed" to look good for the sake of this blog. What's your view your food pictures on blog? Do tell me how I can improve your experience here.

Till the next post, have fun!

14 comments:

BK said...

Congrats on reaching the 10,000! Many more to come! I hold your view too about recipes to be tested before showing to people with pictures. That is one of the reasons I would highly recommend people to your blog ... because I know that the food will taste the way you have 'penned' it to be.

SheR. said...

Thanks mate!!! Much appreciated for the recommendation!
I don't cheat! I'm honest! Seriously! Hahaha

TheGrumpyChef said...

Congratulations on your 10,000. I must say that it is nice to see some honesty within the industry. Doesn't happen very often. Great work and keep following that dream.

durano lawayan a.k.a. brad spit said...

Hi Sher,

You've hit 10,000 visitors and that makes this message of mine very timely.

I have given you an award, it's in my blog. You can right click the image so you can post it in your site.

Also, it will give you something to write about. ha ha ha. :-) --Durano, done!

SheR. said...

>>Thanks Chef!!!!
Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part to seek honesty and perfection in my craft. Most chefs I met don't deserve to be called a chef for their lack of interest in everything they cook. It's sad.

I'm glad my Head Chef Mr Craig James is a source of inspiration (for PERFECTION)! Being one of the youngest chef to win awards before 30 years old. :)

SheR. said...

>>>Yay Durano!!1
My first award!!! I'll need sometime to put it up on my blog. Hee.. Need to think of a speech. Hahahahah

eastcoastlife said...

Thanks for the linky love, sher.

I'm upset sometimes to find the recipe books I bought don't give me the correct measurements or methods. I have quite a number of failures and have to try a few times until I get what I find is yummy.

I have yet to try your recipe. My son is eager to try though. :)

SheR. said...

ECL love..
No probs! I would like to encourage you to come more often.. to generate more traffic! Heehee..:P

I hate those dishonest cookbooks. I hope I can write mine soon. You'll get a copy! ;)

Wow! It's my honour if your son the chef tries my recipes! :D

C K said...

Congrats!! Wow, 10,000! You must be real hardworking refreshing that page the whole day long. Wuah hah hah... :p

SheR. said...

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh CK Don't tell anyone!! :P

Syari said...

Not even a year and 10,000 visitors... that's really good! Did I win something for being one of the top commentators? :p

SheR. said...

Syari Sayang!!!
You get a big SAYANG from me! *hugs hugs* :) Thanks!!!

uncommon said...

"Do tell me how I can improve your experience here."

SheR,

How could you, sweet and kind, you treat us blog mates as true friends. You must be a very warm hearted person, it is rare to get that kind of reaction from a blogger.

I love to hear your tales of the kitchen, and of your life in Croatia and memories of home.


brendan

SheR. said...

>>Brendan!!!
Mate you mean you are not my friend??? It's not possible :P

I will continue with my story telling if you are not too bored to hear! Hee..