7.7.08

High Fructose Corn Syrup

Stop listening to what those manufacturers are trying to drum into your head about HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup) commonly found in soft drinks.. Here are the truths:
  • HFCS has its humble beginnings as a Cornstarch.
  • After addition of Chemicals and Enzymes, it becomes Glucose.
  • Another Enzyme is used for conversion of varying fractions of Glucose into (ta-dah) Fructose.
  • HFCS does not exist in nature.
  • Sugar is Sucrose and not Fructose.
Access this link for more information.



2 comments:

DineometerDeb said...

Hey Sher! Thought you were moving? Well, good to see you posting anyway!

SheR. said...

Hey Dineometer. Thanks for remembering me. I've moved and settled in. Now I'm really busy entertaining my mates who are here for a month's holiday. Checking my mails. Will post when I have some time.