21.11.08

Caffeine intake guidelines during Pregnancy

This is a post dedicated to all those pregnant mums out there (including my dear Sister in law!). The daily recommended intake of Caffeine is 200mg. Here are the variety of products with the Caffeine amount included:

  • 2 mugs of Instant Coffee (100mg x 2)
  • 1 mug of Filtered Coffee (140mg)
  • 2 mugs of Tea (75mg x 2)
  • 5 cans of Cola (up to 40mg x 5)
  • 2 cans of Energy Drinks (up to 80mg x 2)
  • 4 bars of 50 g Plain Chocolate (up to 50mg x 4)

The Caffeine in Milk Chocolate is roughly half that of Plain.

For more information, you can read this article.



4 comments:

Kate said...

Whew, for a minute there I thought YOU were pregnant.

I love Bee Hon as well (we call it the same thing in the Philippines) but the Chinese here don't understand what I'm talking about when I talk of that and other kinds of noodles such as misua.

SheR. said...

Hiya Kate!
Hm..not yet.

I absolutely LOOOOVE Bee Hoon. I don't like Mee Suah.. it's too soggy fo me! Hee...

I guess only SE Asians know what we are talking about right here.

EastCoastLife said...

Good advice for all pregnant mom to be.

You are well prepared too:)

SheR. said...

Yeah Lah ECL.