20.11.08

It was a Birthday!


Yeap. I was really glad that I had the time to bake a nice birthday cake for my really pregnant Sister-in-law, KL! You should see the smile on her face right here.

My dear mum cooked a nice big pot of Crab Bee Hoon (Bee Hoon is a type of noodles made from ground rice flour.. nice smooth texture). Sorry you didn't spot any Crab in the pot as we had managed to steal most of it from the pot before any pictures were taken.



We had a few of my brother's closest friends over for the evening. And lovely Sophia contributed a few dishes including this really SPICY (I dare you to try it) squid dish!! KL loved it of course.. She's the other Spice girl (huge lover of SPICY food)in the family!



Other dishes contributed by the other attendees are (sorry pictures were not clear enough to be placed on the Blog).. BBQ Chicken Wings (oh my favourite SG-style chicken wings!!!), Sushi, Satay and the Chocolate Fondue!!!

What a whole lot of Singapore treats in one evening! And my cake wasn't frosted properly. But KL was enjoying it! :) Missing all these treats right now....

7 comments:

DineometerDeb said...

Bee Hoon looks delish! Your sister-in-law does not look pregnant in the picture.

C K said...

Hmm... crab beehoon. Is that the soup or dry variety? I miss the crab beehoon soup (with milk added) back home.

SheR. said...

>>Dineometer!!! :))
Hee... Bee Hoon is my favourite. It is translated as Vermicelli (Italian word??) sometimes.
Oh my SIL is very pregnant now. :P

>>CK!
Soupy Crab Beehoon!!! Yums!!! We were trying to replicate the recipe of this Beehoon at a certain Tampines coffeeshop :P

curiousfoodie said...

Gorgeous cake, simple and im sure it was delish! :) I love making birthday cakes too, its so nice when the birthday girl is happy aye? ;)

I feel like eating beehoon after looking at this post, haha love it for breakfast, with fried hotdog, luncheon meat, fried cabbage...Mmmmm. :P

SheR. said...

Thanks Amsie...
So embarassing decoration.. didn't complete it.. supposed to pipe some scrolls around the cake. :P
Don't even have Apricot Jam to coat the Cake. Have to make do with some Cherry Pie Filling.
Moral of the story: Plan before execution of any cake plans! :P

Siaoeh said...

hey, Sg is that small! I know your SIL :-) *waves to KL from QP your last time guide senior* congrats on your new status!

did you just go home for a visit? I did too, just got back to the cold and wet UK 1.5 weeks ago. missing all those yummy and cheap food too...

SheR. said...

>>Siaoeh???
Who are you??