14.1.09

Walnut Oil



What comes to your mind when you think about Walnut Oil? Salad? Do you have a bottle of Walnut Oil in your kitchen cabinet just like your Olive Oil? If not, you should.

Walnut Oil is a natural source of Omega-3, one of the highest among all the natural oils as opposed to Olive Oil which contains almost NO Omega-3 but is an excellent source of Omega-9. So I guess we have enhance our diets with the various types of oils to ensure a balanced healthy diet. Here's an article that explains the subtle molecular differences between all the Omega fatty acids (3,6,9). However, there is something you need to take note about Walnut Oil, it does contain more fats than the Olive Oil.

Besides all the health benefits of Walnut Oil and all the other natural oils (Almond, Hazelnut, etc.), it adds a nutty flavour (that is unique to each individual oil) and therefore enhances your dishes or simple salads easily without too much hassle. Simply add Walnut Oil to your salad dressing for example apples and mangetout and you will notice the "Wow" effect of this Oil.

The other thing, I decided to go on a mad shopping trip for my haircare products. And I was searching the shelves for Olive Oil. I've heard of how it helps to keep my hair moisturised. but instead I found Walnut Oil (in the picture). According to the label on the bottle, Walnut Oil is especially good for the rejuvenation of Dark Hair (yeah mine!). After a couple of usages, I do notice it helps to add shine to my hair even in this cold dry winter. Hm.. something to consider next time you go shopping?

Oh, don't we just love natural oils?

8 comments:

BK said...

Hmm, would it help with my white hairs? I have lots of white hairs. :)

SheR. said...

>>BK.
I'm not sure. I'll get you a bottle next time?
It cost something like 12SGD.
Let's see...

Syari said...

Never seen walnut oil on the supermarket shelves here yet.


You must smell very walnutty Sher with walnut oil in your hair. :)

I smell olive oil, need to moisturize my skin because the coldness is really drying it. :(

Lotus Flower said...

Hi Sher,

thanks for that tip. Yah I too have more than enough gray hair... :-)

maybe I will buy if I see one from the supermart, because, I haven't so far.

my best to you

cheers!

uncommon said...

SheR,

Susan and me have decided that this year we are going to eat a lot more salads in the heat of Georgia's summers.

I think this walnut oil is going to be added to the mix.



brendan

SheR. said...

>>Syari.
This Walnut Oil hair product is made in Croatia! So I'm not sure how well they have marketed the product outside of Croatia.

The smell is not that strong and not noticeable unlike Olive Oil. hee...

SheR. said...

>>Lotus Flower.
I think you can probably get a bottle of Walnut Oil for cooking.. don't think it's intended for haircare use... Haven't seen this anywhere else yet.

SheR. said...

>>Brendan mate.
Yes you should try out the other nutty oils too. Hazelnut is nice too! Love it. Goes extremely well with Fruits like apples. I wonder why?