28.2.09

Pineapple Tarts attempt 1,2



A picture speaks a thousand words. The second batch (using the same pastry from the first attempt) tasted more like the real thing. I've decided to add a bit more sugar to the pineapple jam and cooked it off for a little longer to achieve a darker golden yellow.

The results? The tarts tasted less sourish than my first batch. I tried to make other shapes with the pastry but seems like the pastry was too soft for any other adventures. Overall, SATISFACTORY!!!

Till the next Pineapple Tarts, happy baking!

4 comments:

Syari said...

Sher, my mom was good at making pineapple tarts. People used to order from her for Hari Raya. Remember as a teen, I'd be helping to monitor the oven and baking. We had a special made oven that can bake hundreds of tarts at a time.

Real sad that we can't eat her pineapple tarts anymore. :(

SheR. said...

>>Syari sayang.
My aunt too. But she was no longer around. She used to bake thousands each Chinese New Year.. this year there was none. :(

But I will continue her legacy. Now I need to learn it first!

~madame QC said...

pls use ur palms to round the pineapple jam first. wet ur fingers with water to smoothen them before baking, so the jam dont look odd shape.. :p

SheR. said...

>>LP.
Comment je dire merci assez ? Les commentaires qui exudent l'énorme quantité d'observations. Les mots sages qui surpassent n'importe quel génie dans ce monde.