1.4.09

When I have a Chocolate Craving...



All right, this doesn't count as a post. Haha.. just a filler. I was being lazy for a while .. and no inspiration to blog. (Sorry peeps!) Got addicted to new Restaurant game on Facebook and that took most of my time.

Yesterday, me and Mr M had a huge craving for a Cake and here it is.. the HUGE chocolate cake. Half of the cake was gone by this morning. Yeah, we're real big on Chocolate you see.

Anyway, a little about this cake. It is made with a rather different method than most of my cakes. Usually I make my cakes with the Creaming Method (that is to Cream the Butter and Sugar till light and fluffy before introducing the Eggs) but this cake has combined the effortless Muffin Method (which is combining the Dry and Wet ingredients at the end) and the Emulsion Method (Involves introducing Fat to Liquid) real well. Even though I do not have the Evaporated Milk as called for by the recipe and replaced it with normal boiled milk. The result is still a real light airy cake. Oh and you know what? This cake uses minimal ingredients too (as compared to Pound Cake recipe).

HUGE CHOCOLATE CRAVING CAKE

Ingredients:

225g Butter
360g Flour
10g Baking Powder
450g Caster Sugar
4 Eggs
140g Cocoa Powder
285ml Warm Water
285ml Evaporated Milk (Replace with Warm Milk if unavailable)

Method:
1, Mix Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Cocoa Powder and Butter till fine crumble (Note using your fingertips to rub the fat in will melt it which is not an optimal method).

2, Whisk Eggs. Add Water and Milk to Eggs. Beat till well combined.

3, Combine the Wet and Dry ingredients. Mix till smooth.

4, Bake at 180 degrees C for 30 minutes or till cooked!

Special Notes:
If you wish to use Chocolate in the mixture, half the Cocoa powder. Melt the Chocolate using Warm Milk.

If you have Self Raising (SR) Flour, leave out the Baking Powder in this recipe and replace Flour with 370g of SR Flour instead.

Have fun baking this cake and satisfy your Chocolate craving like we do! Ur Resident Chef signing off while munching a huge piece of Chocolate Cake on a sunny Wednesday afternoon.



5 comments:

Wil.C said...

Happen to stumble across your blog.

Your chocolate cake looks so yummy...., hope I can try out your recipe. Are u playing the Playfish Restaurant City? that's fun!

DineometerDeb said...

I just had a chocolate chip cookie slathered in Nutella. For lunch! Salad for dinner I guess.

Mei Teng said...

I like chocolate cake..but minus the cream on top. Just plain o'l chocolate cake will do for me..yum :)

SheR. said...

>>Will.C!!! Hi!!!
Welcome to my Blog! :)
Yes do go ahead and try out the recipe. I need to tweak the recipe a little. Cut the liquids down to 250ml each.
Hope to see you on my blog again.
Oh yes, that restaurant city game is so addictive!!!

>Dineometer.
Nutella!! How sinful! I like! :D

>>Mei Teng.
Oh. I love to have a simple Ganache on top. It helps to prevent the cake from drying out. :)

Flight Attendant said...

Hey! I have a blog about aviation and tourism. I found you on Blogcatalog and I wonder if we could exchange tips about trips and get linked each other on our blogs. What do you think about it? We could exchange a little banner or just a link.

I hope to hear from you soon.

My e-mails: meioaereo@gmail.comMy website: www.meioaereo.comBest regards,
FA Dan