28.7.09

Cheesecake madness



My dear readers, do you recall how much I LOVE cheesecake? Oh then you have to read this earlier post of mine and my search for the ultimate cheesecake.

So for my own birthday and my favourite type of cheesecake being unavailable in Croatia, I had to make my own birthday cake. And of course, it's a CHOCOLATE cheesecake!!!

I would love to share the recipe but I seem to have forgotten the exact quantities that went into the cake. But I shall share my ingredients which I found to make a successful rich cheesecake each time!

Chocolate Cheesecake:
Cream Cheese
Yoghurt or Soured Cream (flavours do not differ much)
Sugar
Eggs
Chocolate, melted (Cocoa Powder is too dry)
Whipping Cream (oh yeah!)
Butter

And for the base, I use a Crumble recipe which is terribly easy to remember.

2 parts Flour : 1 part Butter : 1 part Sugar

I know this makes an awesome Crumble but trust me, once you pack the crumble tightly into the base of your cake tin, you'll get a nice crumbly base that isn't too hard after you bake it! Note: The Sugar can be adjusted to your personal taste.

To complete the Cheesecake, I have topped it off with Chocolate Ganache for the nice smooth chocolatey texture.

Ganache recipe can differ depending on what you want to make. For a nice rich and thick Ganache use equal parts of Chocolate to Cream (Double/Whipping).

Feel like trying out this recipe and have problems? Leave me a comment and I'll give you a hand with the ingredients!

4 comments:

EastCoastLife said...

It looks heavenly! You have to show me how to make it when you're back. :D

SheR. said...

>>ECL!
Trade secret! But for you, anything :)

Felix said...

I just like your words of inspiration in your header. A dream has to be realised or else it will always be a dream. So true.

SheR. said...

>>Felix!
Thanks. :) Hope all dream chasers will dare to realise their dreams!