6.7.09

Thai Pineapple Fried Rice is not from Thailand?

According to reliable sources (an overseas Singaporean who lives in Bangkok, Thailand), the famous Pineapple Fried Rice which is sometimes called Thai Pineapple Rice does not originate from Thailand. It seems to be a Singaporean invention. Oh well, I'm not complaining since I LOVE this dish.

Want to know what's in it? The usual cooked Jasmine Rice and then stir fried in a spicy and sourish Pineapple spice mix, together with pieces of chicken and of course chunks of Pineapple! To garnish this dish, chopped chillies, fried shallots and sometimes pork floss (very Singaporean invention) are added. Can you imagine a wonderful mixture of sour, spices and sweetness?

I'm going to cook mine today less the Pineapple bits since I used them for my Pineapple Cake few days ago. So I'll be back to post some pictures of the Cake and the Rice (if there's any left!). Stay tuned!

No comments: