5.1.16

Chinese New Year cookies 2016 - Hibiscus & Black Sesame


It's the most festive time of the year for us, Chinese again. And without fail, I will start my cookies baking session. This year I have created additional three new flavours to my collection of Chinese New Year shortbread cookies namely: Hibiscus & Black Sesame (see picture above), Earl Grey & Vanilla (a personal favourite using only vanilla beans instead of extract) and Rose & Pistachio (pretty little biscuits).

Let me introduce this new member of my cookie creations: Hibiscus & Black Sesame. When I first chanced upon the purple-hued cookies, I was skeptical about how the cookies were coloured. But once I discovered that Hibiscus Tea lends a gorgeous red colour to the butter before baking. I'd immediately fell in love with the notion of Hibiscus Tea cookies.

Why Hibiscus? Before we talked about the taste of these unique cookies, let's read about the natural health benefits of Hibiscus Tea. First of all, it is a rich source of Vitamin C.Not to mention its anti-inflammatory properties and helps to lower cholesterol too! You may read more about the miracle flower in this article.

In case you haven't heard, we Chinese love our Black Sesame seeds. Its anti-ageing property is a well guarded secret. Check out this article to learn more about these humble seeds.

Therefore, we should be enjoying more of the New Year celebration with these goodies. Not only is Hibiscus & Black Sesame a potent combination for health. Its exquisite sourish taste is one that is seldom found in other cookies flavours.

If you are interested to try the different cookies, take a peek at my facebook page. In the meantime, I'm back to my kitchen to bake more delights. Last but not least, don't forget that these creations are made with only ORGANIC Raw Sugar, Unbleached flour and French Butter.


No comments: